Website Peninsula Co-op
Moving ahead, by giving back.
Peninsula Co-op, with a central support office in Victoria, British Columbia and locations throughout Vancouver Island, is a dynamic Co-operative with annual sales in excess of $260 million. As we’ve grown and evolved, our collective roots now date back nearly 60 years, yet we remain a locally-focused Co-op with more than 112,000 members and ambitious plans to continue growing the business. Today Peninsula Co-op encompasses 18 retail gas centres, 2 Liquor Stores, a Food Centre, Commercial Cardlocks and Home Heating services
Peninsula Co-op is inviting applications for the position of Shift Supervisor. The successful candidate must have at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Full-time, year-round role providing 32 to 40 hours each week. Our ideal candidate will have availability that includes week days, daytime shifts and some weekend availability.
We are looking for a team member at the following location:
· Aspen Gas Centre – 699 Aspen Road, Comox
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are a full-service gas bar and convenience store looking for an individual to join our committed and engaged environment. We have an open, team, and customer-oriented culture that offers career growth and professional development. We are looking for enthusiastic professionals who:
- Always look for ways to be helpful and go out of their way to assist others; consistently polite
- Love to organize and lead a team of people, not afraid to keep staff productive and engaged
Prioritize and delegate duties to be accomplished, holding your team accountable
Love the great outdoors. Rain, wind, snow and blazing hot sun mean nothing
- Good with numbers and can handle cash and other basic numerical calculations quickly and accurately
- Look out for their safety and the safety of others
- Values integrity and honesty; someone to admire and emulate
- Know their way around under the hood of a car is also helpful, but not essential – we train for this
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Besides working with and leading the best group of team mates and serving fantastic customers, you will be dispensing fuel, washing windows, checking vehicle fluid levels, cleaning, and stocking the convenience store, and generally ensuring our customers are taken care of and the location is clean and safe. We’ll also train and develop you for an Assistant Manager, and Site Manager opportunities if you are looking for advancement! We love to promote from within & over 70% of our leaders started with our organization in roles just like this one!
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to starting at $17.25 per hour, Peninsula Co-op provides a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Great careers and long-term opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Profit sharing paid four times a year!
- Excellent Group Health Benefits (Extended health, Dental, Disability, EFAP and life insurance) for full-time employees
- 6% matched Pension
- Health & Wellness reimbursements (gym membership, yoga class, art classes etc.)
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- Educational assistance & tuition reimbursement (100% covered)
- Social events (Sporting events and concert tickets, company outings)
- Volunteer opportunities supporting our local community events and charities!
Peninsula Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. We take great pride in being a safe and inclusive workplace; supporting and celebrating the diversity of our team. We are committed to every staff member enjoying their experience working with Peninsula Co-op. We reward hard work, commitment, and results.
To apply for this job please visit www.peninsulaco-op.com.