Starium Development Inc.
Starium Development is a construction development company located in Powell River, BC. Established in 2015, Starium has completed several commercial estate development projects, suchas Nursing Homes, Vacation Resort Hotels in Powell River. Besides commercial estate projects, we are also providing service to local residential estate in Powell River. At Starium development, we believe that building better living experiences begins with great collaboration, and we are aiming to gather more talented people from all over the world toPowell River.
Now we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Purchasing Officer to join our team. As the Purchasing Officer, you will be responsible for purchasing construction materials from overseas suppliers for our building projects. You will work closely with other departments to assess the requirements for construction materials, develop specifications, and manage the procurement process to ensure that materials are delivered on time, to budget, and meet quality standards.
Title: Purchasing Officer
Wage: C$ 35 / Hour
Working Hours: 35 hours/week
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Vacation Pay: 4% of gross salary
Work Location: 204-7385 Duncan St, Powell River, BC, V8A 1W6
Opening Position: 1
· Identify and evaluate potential overseas suppliers of construction materials.
· Develop relationships with suppliers to ensure competitive pricing, quality, and timely delivery of materials.
· Analyze supplier proposals, negotiate contracts, and manage contract terms and conditions.
· Assess risks associated with the purchase of construction materials from overseas and develop risk mitigation strategies.
· Develop and maintain documentation of procurement processes and procedures.
· Manage the procurement process from initial requisition to delivery, including purchasing, shipping, customs clearance, and delivery to project sites.
· Communicate with project managers and other stakeholders to ensure that construction materials are delivered on time, to budget, and meet quality standards.
· Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action when necessary.
· A college diploma in business administration, commerce, economics, materials science or related field is required.
· 3 years of work experience in supply chain.
· Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
· Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of procurement software and Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply:
· Please send your resume via email at email@example.com
· Successful applicants are contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.